Lemon Olive Oil Dip
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
Servings: Makes ¾ cup
- 2 medium lemons
- ¾ cup Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley Sea salt, to taste
- With a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons in strips. Be careful to remove only the zest and none of the bitter white pith. If any is visible, scrape to remove.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes over low heat until the oil just begins to bubble. Cook, maintaining a light, gentle simmer, never allowing to boil, for 3 to 5 minutes, until the garlic becomes translucent. The garlic should not brown, or it will be bitter. Transfer the mixture to a small heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature. Remove the zest and rosemary sprigs with a fork or tongs. Stir in the parsley. Add salt to taste.
This easy dip can be served with warm, crusty bread, or assorted
cut-up vegetables. For a richer dip, serve drizzled over fresh
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
Omitting the parsley, you can make this dipping oil and refrigerate it in a covered jar for up to a day in advance. When ready to serve, bring it to room temperature and stir in the parsley.