Olive Oil Cream Puffs with Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In saucepan, bring 1 cup water, olive oil, sugar and salt to boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Add flour all at once; with wooden spoon, stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of pan. Return to medium heat; continue stirring vigorously for 1 or 2 minutes or until a thin dry film forms on bottom of pan. Remove from heat. Transfer to bowl.
Using a wooden spoon, beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition until dough is smooth, shiny and thickened. Using large spoon and rubber spatula, drop 16 mounds onto prepared pan, spacing 3 inches apart. (Alternatively, fill pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch tip or snip 1/2-inch corner from resealable bag and pipe mixture into mounds onto prepared pan.)
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and puffed. Cut a slit into each puff and return to oven. Reduce heat to 350°F; bake for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let puffs dry in oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
Vanilla Bourbon Whipped Cream:
- Using electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks start to form. Beat in icing sugar and scraped vanilla bean seeds until stiff peaks start to form. Fold in bourbon.
- Split cream puffs. Remove any strands of soft dough with fingertips. Fill puffs with whipped cream mixture. Dust tops with icing sugar.
1 hr 15 min